Jigsaw puzzles were invented around 1760 and since that time the are very popular. Do you know that Jan. 29 is National Puzzle Day? Doing puzzles is good not only for children but for everybody because it trains cognitive skills. Why to celebrate?
Doing puzzles is an entertainment that connects generations
Close your eyes and think about your childhood. Teddy bears, dolls, cars and at least a set of jigsaw. Are we right? Colourful images from fairy tales and fun of placing pieces together made you return again and again to the same set. Sometimes you used to do it by yourself, but there were days when the whole family gathered to assemble the puzzles together. Even now, in the modern world full of electronic gadgets, they still give us joy. It is no wonder that their modern form, such as photo puzzle, are one of the best idea for an extraordinary gift.
Puzzles increase creativity and brain efficiency
There is no doubt that putting pieces together is good for both children and adults. Here are some examples of beneficial factors they bring with:
- Work efficiency: They make us work more efficiently, activating brain areas that are responsible for creative thinking and strategic planning.
- Relax: when you focus only on one thing at a time is very similar to meditation. Your brain stops thinking about everyday's problems and you calm down.
- Increased concentration: If you focus you will be more efficient in finding right pieces.
- Memory training: it affects not only short-term memory while finding the right piece. Putting puzzles together is a stimulating brain training and memory improvement regardless of age.
- Teamwork: assembling puzzles with people can impact your social skills, because finding a solution requires cooperation. Developing a strategy, dividing responsibilities and working together as a team will help us finish the job faster. This skills are very important at work, aren't they?
Doing puzzles is beneficial for health and in the same time it brings joy and happiness. You can increase it buying personalised photo puzzles with unique images in our shop.